Travel Soccer is intended for players who enjoy the game and are interested in developing their abilities beyond the recreational level. Selection to and acceptance of a roster spot is a year-long commitment (August 1 – July 30th). It includes a summer team camp, pre-season training, the fall season, the spring season and tournaments.
- 4-day pre-season team camp (U9+)
- Professional licensed coaching
- Field maintenance costs
- Turf field rental for lighted practices outside of DST
- League (OR tournament) and player fees for fall and spring season
- Referee fees for all league games
- 2 club tournaments
- TRYOUTS: Lebanon Valley SC holds tryouts and forms teams each April for the upcoming Aug-July soccer year. Two tryout sessions are scheduled for each gender/age group on an annual basis. At these sessions players are evaluated by qualified independent evaluators for the purpose of gauging a players skill level. Players are expected to attend both tryout sessions for their age group. Following the completion of all tryouts, teams are formed by the Technical Director of Coaching based on the skill-level and number of players in a given age group. Lebanon Valley SC forms its travel teams with the intent minimize the skill gap between players on any given team. For this reason there may be occasions when all available slots are not filled on a team. Lebanon Valley SC will field multiple teams if the player count and skill-levels provide this possibility. The club’s Travel Evaluation and Placement Policy can be found under the Policy section of the club’s website.
- PRACTICE: Most teams practice two times per week (60-90 minutes per session) during the spring and fall seasons. Practices typically from from early August through mid-November for the fall season. Spring practices typically run from early March through early June.
- TRAINING: In order to supplement the soccer experience provided by our head coaches, each team is provided with 24 club sponsored training sessions during each soccer year. Training sessions are run by paid professional soccer coaches. These training sessions provide our players with top-class instruction from knowledgeable soccer professionals. In most cases, our teams elect to use 12 sessions in the fall and 12 sessions in the spring. These training sessions are typically scheduled in lieu of a team’s regularly scheduled practice.
- PRE-SEASON TEAM CAMP: All Lebanon Valley SC travel teams U9+ are provided with a pre-season team camp run by a professional trainer. These four-day team camps are typically scheduled in late-July/early-August.
- GAMES: Teams generally participate in the Lebanon Valley Youth Soccer League (LVYSL), Central Pennsylvania Youth Soccer League (CPYSL) or Lancaster County Soccer League (LANCO). However, high-level teams may choose to participate outside the 3 leagues listed above. In the fall, all teams participate in league play. In spring, teams may chose to participate in league play and/or State Cup competition. In most cases, games will fall within a 30-40 mile radius of Palmyra.
- TOURNAMENTS: Teams are encouraged to participate in tournaments commensurate with USYS Player Development Initiatives during the soccer year. This includes the 2 Lebanon Valley SC sponsored tournaments in October and June. Older teams may elect to play additional tournaments and/or replace league play with tournaments. Tournament play gives teams the opportunity to observe and play against new teams with different styles of play, and to develop team camaraderie in a focused atmosphere. Additional participation costs may be required to cover tournament registration fees for non-Lebanon Valley SC sponsored tournaments. These fees are typically communicated/collected by the coach and/or manager of each team.
Should you have any additional questions about what to expect from your participation in the Travel Program, feel free to contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2018-2019 Travel Evaluation Information
All players U9-U12 registering for the 2018-2019 season must attend the evaluation associated with their birth year, regardless of the team they are trying to make. U.S. Soccer designates that players are divided according to their year of birth.
If you have any questions about what age group your son or daughter should be evaluated, then please contact LVSC VP of Travel Tim Grinstead via email at VP_Travel@lvalleysoccer.org
Evaluations are to be held at the Ridge Road Complex:
400 Ridge RdPalmyra, PA 17078
*A secondary location/time will be communicated via webpage and/or emails if circumstances arrive that dictate a second location.
Important Items for Evaluation:
If you did not play with our club in the 2018-2019 season, you will need to provide a copy of their child’s birth certificate upon arrival to first evaluation. All parents need arrive 15 minutes early to each session in order to process necessary paperwork and turn in certificate.
It is recommended that all players attend both evaluations if two are scheduled. Failure to attend both evaluations could affect the evaluation decision making process. Please use the list below to identify the correct age group you should be attending. Please email LVSC VP of Travel (VP_Travel@lvalleysoccer.org) with any questions or needs on schedules and any questions on paperwork.
Evaluations are required for players between the birth years of 2010 to 2007 (u9 to u12.)
For players looking to join a team U13 and above, please email LVSC VP of Travel (VP_Travel@lvalleysoccer.org) for a private evaluation with the team.
Evaluation week will take place starting the week of April 15th. Makeup date in case of rain will be Tuesday, April 17th. (Time posted once needed.) Please follow your birth year below:
|EVALUATION SCHEDULE 2018|
|2010 Boys||Sunday||April 15th||3:00 PM|
|2009 Boys||Sunday||April 15th||3:00 PM|
|2008 Boys||Sunday||April 15th||3:00 PM|
|2007 Boys||Sunday||April 15th||3:00 PM|
|2010 Girls||Sunday||April 15th||4:00 PM|
|2009 Girls||Sunday||April 15th||4:00 PM|
|2008 Girls||Sunday||April 15th||4:00 PM|
|2007 Girls||Sunday||April 15th||4:00 PM|
There is a $20 evaluation fee, per player. Be sure to register your child online at lvalleysoccer.org. When you come to the payment section of the registration process, there is an option to pay $20 instead of the entire year’s fee, by clicking “automatic payment plan”. To register, please go to the main page of the website (lvalleysoccer.org) and click on the button on the right side of the page. If you have any questions, email VP of Travel Tim Grinstead (VP_Travel@lvalleysoccer.org).
2017-2018 Head Coaches:
Below is a list of current Head Coaches for the 2017-2018 season. It is possible that this list could change, and these changes will be reflected on website, as soon as they are made known. It is also possible that the number of teams per age group could change, and coaches will be assigned accordingly. Professional trainers will be assigned to coaches at a later date.
2018-2019 Girls Head Coach:
Jess Conrad (nationally licensed)
Tim Grinstead (nationally licensed)
Becca Rosten (nationally licensed)
2018-2019 Boys Head Coaches:
Bradley Mehl (nationally licensed)
Tim Grinstead (nationally licensed)
Brian Wasilefski (nationally licensed)
John Hines (nationally licensed)
- Jess Conrad (nationally licensed)
- Brian Stanilla (nationally licensed)
- Tim Grinstead (nationally licensed)
All scholarship funding is for registration fees only. NO scholarship will be awarded to cover the cost of uniforms, camps, etc.
Any family is eligible to apply for a scholarship. To apply, simply send an email to email@example.com with a written statement of your financial situation. To respect your privacy, copies of W-2s, pay-stub or tax-returns will NOT be required. Be sure to include the name, age, and sex of the player in your email. Lebanon Valley SC recognizes the importance of privacy and shall do their best to maintain privacy of scholarship applicants and recipients. The identities of applicant and recipients shall be shared on a “need to know” basis among the Scholarship Committee only.
All applications will be taken into consideration based on availability of money for scholarships, number of applications received for current season, and the financial needs of applicant. Application does not guarantee a scholarship; applicants will be notified of status in a timely manner. No one will be disqualified from consideration because of sex, race, color, creed or religious beliefs.